In 3D printing, a 3D model slicer is a program that takes 3D models saved as STL or OBJ files, slices the digital 3D model into sections, and determines how the layers of the 3D model will be printed by the 3D printer.
History of 3D Model Slicer
3D Slicer, also known as Slicer, is free open-source software. David Gering created 3D Slicer as his master’s thesis for the Surgical Planning Laboratory at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital and MIT Artificial Intelligence Laboratory in 1998. 3D Slicer works with Windows, Linux, and Mac Os X.
3D Model Slicer Features
· Robust Dicom Capabilities
· Interactive Segmentation
· Volume Rendering
· Rigid and Nonrigid Registration
· SceneSnapshot Screen Capture Functionality
· 4D Image Viewer
· Flexible Layouts and Slice Viewers
· Extension Manager for exploring and installing plug-ins