Six hundred years of ballads, plays, books and movies give us the story of the famous English outlaw Robin Hood and his merry band of thieves. He is known for taking from the rich, especially the Sheriff of Nottingham, and giving to the poor. Robin is known to be a strong supporter of King Richard the Lionheart and a bane to Richard’s misguided brother, Prince John.
- Designer: Kyle Gifford
- Dimensions: 4.2 x 4.2 x 5.0”
- Number of Layers: 1058
- Layer Resolution: 89 microns
- Build Time: 5 hours, 35 minutes
- Printer: ProJet 660
- Software: Maya and Photoshop
Fun Character Facts:
- One legend reports that Robin won an arrow with a silver shaft and a golden head by splitting another arrow with his arrow in the center of the bull’s eye from over 300 yards.
- Robin was the master of disguise. Legend reports that he dressed as a potter to trick the Sheriff of Nottingham. Another time, he dressed as an old woman to deceive an evil bishop.
“This Robin Hood has a more mischievous demeanor to him, as shown by the sly grin on his face,” Gifford said. “His design was kept very simple and neat to make him easily recognizable. His appearance was heavily influenced by the Robin Hood: Men in Tights version of the character.”