ROBLOX is an online game that allows players to create their own virtual world. Now, players can export their ROBLOX files as an OBJ file that can be 3D printed. The OBJ Exporter exports all geometry, textures, and materials created inside Studio.
Exporting your file is simple:
- Open your place in Studio
- Go to File > Export Place
- Note: It may be helpful to create a folder for the OBJ file as the file may take several hundred megabytes.
To export specific objects in the game:
- Double-click on the object to open it in the Explorer window
- Right-click on the object
- Select Export Selection
You can also add details and effects to your object using any 3D modeling program. Tinkercad and Blender are free. Once you’re ready to 3D print your creation, you can upload your file to WhiteClouds.
Our designers will modify the file as needed for optimal 3D printing. Please note that some characters may not be 3D printable and we will let you know if that is the case, along with guidelines to create a 3D printable model.
For more information, read ROBLOX’s blog post.