Google’s Made with Code has teamed up with Shapeways to offer a project that allows you to code a 3D printable bracelet. You can then send the printable file to Shapeways and they will turn your creation into reality using 3D printing technology. This is an educational and fun project for kids. And they will be able to wear their bracelet they created.
Made with Code has created the project allowing users to use Blockly, a visual programming editor, to design their own customized bracelet. The design process takes just a few minutes. Once the bracelet is created, there is an option to have it 3D printed and shipped for free.
Here’s how it works:
1) Go to the URL: https://www.madewithcode.com/project/bracelet
2) Click Ok, Let’s Get Started
The program is very intuitive, even kid-friendly. Simply follow the prompts on the screen.
3) Drag the Bracelet block into the workspace.
4) Drag the Properties block into the workspace.
5) Drag the Values blocks into the workspace.
When you add the Values, it doesn’t allow you to make adjustments to the diameter or the width. However, you can customize the message on your 3D-printed bracelet and the color of your bracelet.
6) Customize the MESSAGE on your bracelet.
7) Choose the COLOR of your bracelet.
Now, your bracelet is coded. You can view your bracelet in 3D in the design window. Grab and rotate your bracelet to view it from every angle.
At any time you can click the garbage can icon at the bottom of the screen to start over.
8) Click DONE.
9) If you’d like to 3D print your bracelet, click Print Free w/ Shapeways.
10) Verify your birthdate.
11) Fill in your shipping info and click NEXT.
12) Click Confirm.
You’re done and your new 3D-printed bracelet will arrive in 3-4 weeks. Expect to receive a confirmation email from the Made with Code Team.