A great way to celebrate Halloween is, of course, sweets and treats. Makerbot has created a cookie cutter app that allows you to design customized cookie cutters with an app called Cookie Caster. The Cookie Caster is simple to use: Create your basic shape with one line and adjust the lines to create curves. After you have created your customized shape, if you own a 3D printer, you can 3D print your cookie cutters in time for Halloween.
The best part about the app is that you can make cookie cutters that you have always wanted but are not readily available. Some fun ideas for cookie cutters are:
- Alien and alien ship
- Pirate ship
Halloween Sugar Cookie Recipe
Here’s a sugar cookie recipe from allrecipes.com
Original recipe makes 5 dozen
- 1 ½ cups butter, softened 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
Enjoy your personalized cookies!